Foundation Exercises for Competition Obedience
Class Description and Requirement:
- Suitable for Puppies that have all their shots, Young Dogs, or Older Dogs that are experiencing a lack of enthusiasm and/or precision when training or trialing.
- Be ready to work your dog during the entire class. Lessons will be adaptable to your dog’s level.
- Handlers must be experienced competitors or must have completed a Beginner/ Advanced Beginner, Watch Me!, or Attention class.
- No prerequisites for the dogs.
- The objectives of the class shall be:
- To teach the dog and handler to have fun doing obedience
- To use play as a release/ motivator To learn or review basic positions with attention (sit, down, stand)
- To lay foundation for attention during:
Stand/Sit for exam
Drop on recall
Retrieve on flat
Will build upon exercises you (the handler) learned in previous classes or with previous dogs.
This is not a first class for any dog except those headed for a serious competition career. It is perfect for competition puppies!
Please pre-register using the online registration (link above). Email Pat Heller (mpatriciaHeller@gmail.com) with any questions.